Sudden deaths!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexa1s0nfire

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My girlfriend noticed one of our guppies was lethargic and looked pregnant (was just bloating as it was a male guppy) yesterday and saw it laying on the bottom of the tank. I noticed a piece of it's scales missing and it looked to have internal bleeding. (so sad) It did not last much longer. First thought was it got into a fight with either my gourami or another guppy. My gourami is the most timid mellow fish ever so I immediately dispelled that and then another one of the guppies all of a sudden was swimming funny and so I moved him to the QT and he didn't last long there either. Not sure what this is as my gourami and 6 julii's seem fine. Any Idea's?

checked params and ammonia was slightly up .25 - .50 did a 60% pwc immediately and got it below .25. (used ammo lock first) everything else seems in order.

if your fish was bloated maybe it has an internal parasite or bacteria or maybe due to fluctuations in water temp but not sure this is what i have heard around the scene i guess

Temp stays right at 77-78 degrees and the fish were in there a solid week before this happened. I did add a dwarf gourami and 6 julii cory's a day prior to this. Wondering if that may have had an effect on them.

Back
Top Bottom