Suggestions & Advice Appreciated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steelerz1067

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I Have A 55g Corner Tank.. Semi Aggressive... 6 Tiger Barbs, 3 Female Cherry Barbs, 1 Rainbow Shark, 1 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey and 1 Green Texas/FlowerHorn Hybrid Jack Dempsey... All Still Small

What Else Should I Add?? Catfish or AlgaeEater?? (Not A Fan Of Danios)

Thanks Ahead of time

My bad. Sorry, I meant to say your second cichlid. I got it now though. :)
So, for a tank that size, I wouldn't suggest adding anything else until you figure out what happens when your cichlids get bigger. That one hybrid could have a testy temperament, but it is hard to say since it such a hybrid. I would just let it ride for until you have a better idea of the tank dynamic when those fish are adults. They may not get along.

Thanks.... Yea I'm going to most likely trade in the hybrid... so u can kinda remove him from the equation...

I think trading in the hybrid is a good idea. I asked one of my cichlid friends, and I was told the shark could potentially be an issue depending on the personality of the jd. But, you can just keep an eye on it.
You can add an algae eating fish of some sort if you would like to. I suggest something that will get big enough to not be a menu item. I suggest a pleco like a bristle nose, or something bigger like a gold nugget or green phantom.

Random Question: with the size of my community, I feed them twice a day (Flakes in the morning and Frozen Brine Shrimp At Night)... Too much? Too Little? Jus Wondering Sumone Else's Opinion...

Personally, I feed my fish just once a day, but when I had different species I would feed small amounts twice a day. Honestly, the feeding schedule is up to you. I know some people who feed small amounts twice a day, and I know people who feed every other day. Both methods seem to work out fine. Just keep an eye on your fish, and watch carefully for fallen food because that will muck up the water. :)

I have had my freshwater 55 gallon for14 years. Some fish are 9 plus years old. I feed my fish once every two days. They are healthy and happy and seem to get along great. When I fed every day I lost fish often. Even though I do my water changes and filter changes.

Does The Fact That Its A Corner 55g change anything? (in all advice above)

Back
Top Bottom