Suggestions for Guppy Tank Mates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gracieguppy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there! I have a 10 gallon heated and filtered freshwater tank with some guppies in it, and a divider that keeps the males from the females. The males are in the larger area, and I want to keep something with them that will be compatible.

It’s harder water, kept at 77ish degrees.

Like I said, there are two male guppies where I would like to put another friend. The males get along fine, even though there’s just two of them. I would still like something else in there since it’s such a wide space. I am planning on perhaps a mystery snail, but I also want other suggestions beyond that. Also, please only recommend bottom or middle fish.

Things I like: colourful fish, platys, some gouramis, peaceful fish, some kinds of tetras.

Things I don’t like: shrimp, things that look like eels, see-through (glass) things, loaches, catfish.

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions!!

- Gracie

Having only one half of a 10g to share with two male guppies is just not a big enough swimming area for another fish, you could get away with the snail maybe.

Back
Top Bottom