Suggestions for light to enchance guppy colors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alphanguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been trying to get a the proper bulb to really make the color of my guppies POP. I have no plants, so only want to showcase the fish colors. Right now, I have the full spectrum tube that came with my "all glass" hood, and it's ok, but a friend of mine has a tank, and his guppies really GLOW, he didn't buy his bulb, and it doiesn't hav ethe brand or type written on it, it looks slightly purplish while lit. I've tried corallife colormax bulb... no better I just tried a 50/50 actinic/daylight bulb, made all the colors look DRAB, there's so many tp choose from, and I can't seem to find the right one to make them really look brilliant. Any suggestions what to try next?

i would try something like 2 cfl bulbs 10-13 watts each. brighter light will help i think.

Brightness

Actually, my friends tank is considerably darker than mine. This 15 Watt flourescent tube I have in there now makes it plenty bright. There's got to be some bulb with a spectrum that will do what I'm wanting. Which ones have the slight purplish color when lit? Are those plant growth bulbs?

Back
Top Bottom