Suggestions for Top Level Swimmers with an Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sobersteve323 said:
Do glass cats stay near the top of the tank without floating plants? Most of the photos I've been able to google looks like they're at the bottom of the tank.

I have 5 glass cats and they generally stay at the top.

sobersteve323 said:
On liveaquaria I see neon tetras and "jumbo" neon tetras. Are the jumbo ones just adult sized neons?

No, these are like the two inch ones that are massive, they have some at the fish store so there's a definite difference between the two.

I would assume the jumbo neons would be ok, I know people who keep cardinals with angels with no problems and the jumbo neons are larger than cardinals. But that's just from what I've read not personal experience

That said I would personally go with hatchets as long as you have a good hood. They are active and stay right at the waters surface.

They'd probably be fine. I don't know what jumbo neons are per se, but adult neon tetras are usually big enough not to get munched on. The size of the regular neons that the pet store often has is snack size for adult angels though.

I would assume the jumbo neons would be ok, I know people who keep cardinals with angels with no problems and the jumbo neons are larger than cardinals. But that's just from what I've read not personal experience

That said I would personally go with hatchets as long as you have a good hood. They are active and stay right at the waters surface.

I do have a hood but I have a 1" x 2" and about a 1" x 6" space punched out in the back where the hoses enter the tank. Would that be closed enough you think?

Do you have floating plants in your tank? My tank appears to be opposite of what a pearl gourami would like (according to liveaquaria.com at least lol).:facepalm:

Nope, I don't in that tank. In one of my other tanks I have duck weed and a pearl gourami and I haven't seen any difference in their behavior!

sobersteve323 said:
I do have a hood but I have a 1" x 2" and about a 1" x 6" space punched out in the back where the hoses enter the tank. Would that be closed enough you think?

as long as there is an object that occupies that space, like filter heater ect, it shouldn't be a problem

jetajockey said:
Danios are like most other schoolers, 4+ is best IMO. There are a ton of different danio species out there, but if you do go with zebras, look into the longfin ones, they look awesome.

Also the leopard danios are cool looking. Same species just a different color pattern. And if your LFS doesn't carry the ones you want most of them will order them for you if you ask

bruinsbro1997 said:
Yes, glass cats have a tendency to stay at the lower part of the tank.

No, gouramis don't need floating plants at all. I've kept mine without.

Lol so conflicting.

sobersteve323 said:

Mine was like that too and i was worried about my shrimp jumping so i cut some hard plastic to fit perfectly around my filter and over the open space and washed it off plenty so now theres no openings

I have long fin zebra danios in with my angels both norm zebra and yellow zebra and it works good and looks great

Back
Top Bottom