Suggestions needed for a bottom feeder...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My apologies friend. I feed mine sinking wafers made for bottom dwellers and it doesn't matter how many I put in, they try to eat the same one. It's like a frenzy. I hope all goes well in your tank.

I really like the look of clown loaches but they get way too big for me to comfortably house them. I saw one in a LFS in Illinois that looked like a pro sized football with fins. It was in a 55 with a huge common pleco and it reminded me of cup bettas lol.

Yeah, I've already figured out that when the various fish I have get to be pretty good size I'm going to have to trade them in. But that isn't a worry for me as I'll be wanting a change by then. :)

i have 2 weather loaches [dojo loach] quite fun to watch, they also forecast weather XD or you could try koolie loaches small and colourful
(orange/black), beside that there are other species like spoted catfish or just get nice pair of plec

i have 2 weather loaches [dojo loach] quite fun to watch, they also forecast weather XD or you could try koolie loaches small and colourful
(orange/black), beside that there are other species like spoted catfish or just get nice pair of plec

I picked up 3 little clown loaches earlier today for this tank. Thanks though. :) I do have 10 khuli loaches in another tank, they are neat. I have 2 albino bushy nose plecos, also in another tank. I love them.

Well these clown loaches are impressive little cleaners. I won't have to worry about left overs on the bottom any more, the tank looks like it has never had a fish in it. My only worry now is that if they eat this way all of the time they are going to be huge. :eek:

IF you can find them, Dwarf Chain Loaches are uncommon, unique, and an interesting addition. They are unique in that they are shoaling loaches, will stay small(ish), and the ones I've seen are quite active. Biggest problem is finding them.

Not much experience with featherfins, but from a quick google search, apparently some can be quite aggressive.

It probably depends on their personality cuz my feather fin isn't agressive at all he pretty much hides during the day and comes out at night, but then mine is only about 4 inches

They are doing great. They tend to stay toward the back of the tank in the plants when I'm walking around. They are incredible little eating machines, keep the tank in pristine condition. I may have to get a pleco to clean the glass.

I'm trying to get rid of my Pleco. He's a pooping machine. Hopefully I can find some snails my clowns won't eat. But I think size doesnt matter to those guys. Notice any clown antics yet? I feed small sinking pellets and no matter how many I put in, the all try to eat the same one. Its like a wrestling match.

I want something that will pick up left over food, doesn't need to be an algae eater. It should be somewhat active but not racing around the tank.

Most definitely african featherfin catfish (aka squeaker). Mine is in with blood parrots and he's very calm and understated. When he cruises the tank, he does so leisurely, however, he will dive for cover if something scares him. He wouldn't pose a threat to your discus at all, but I've heard that they will eat any fish that will fit into their mouths. Don't know if it's true or one poor soul had one single unfortunate experience.

Edited to add: didn't see that you'd already made a purchase. ;)

I'm trying to get rid of my Pleco. He's a pooping machine. Hopefully I can find some snails my clowns won't eat. But I think size doesnt matter to those guys. Notice any clown antics yet? I feed small sinking pellets and no matter how many I put in, the all try to eat the same one. Its like a wrestling match.

The one thing they do that kills me is this: They get next to the glass at the bottom of the tank and then swim straight up and pull back into an inverted loop. They do that over and over again. Totally funny.

Mine do that too. So funny. The kicker in my tank is that I have just one tiger barb( I know that it's a schooling fish) and he will school with the loaches. He does that rise and dive thing with them. I am gonna have to post a video. It's amazing. My barb thinks he's a loach.

I wouldn't worry too much about the huge size of clown loaches. I have two in my cichlid tank to battle my snails and they grew less than an inch in over a year!

Back
Top Bottom