Suggestions on my hardscape, layout?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mattfinn

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I'm wanting just a little bit more hard scape wise just to break up the tank a bit. This is my 23 gal tall which has 4 cherry barbs, a BN plec and two GBRs in it. I'm just wanting to add a piece of dw or something else to just break up the lines of sight. My male gbr is pretty bossy toward the female because he wants to spawn. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407500854.624132.jpg
I have plans to add some java fern to the logs in the corner and a amazon sword to fill in the background abit. But I just feel like it needs something else. Any thoughts or suggestions? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407500966.088692.jpg
Cheers.

Nice plants!
I've seen some quite twiggy pieces of driftwood. A branch of that might look very nice in there, reaching up into the top half of the tank.

Agreed, a very branchy root like piece of drift wood would be great in there. Is follow it up with moving that taller plant more towards the back of the tank.

There's not much room left on the bottom, but I'd try to make one more little cave formation to give the female another spot to hide out from the male GBR sometimes. The tank looks very nice though, good job.

Ok thanks. That's what I've been tryin to figure out. They hygro c. In the back corner is trimmed every two weeks, I'm slowly filling spaces around it and forward more I just haven't wanted to dwarf the giant baby tears. I have 4 crypts balansae they've only just been added in the last week but I'm not sure on where I really want to put them. Two are in the back corner in front of a log cave and two are at the front I might move one in front to the back or around the rock cave more. I'll give the giant baby tears on the front left a trim and make it look denser. But thank you everyone. I'm now on the hunt for a small twig like piece, lucky I live in Australia...gum trees everywhere.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407669442.038313.jpg
So I got this dw today it's the best I could get from the store. I looked around all the gumtrees an they weren't twisty enough, they're really straight so I opted for the store bought dw. At the moment that's the spot I want it in although I want it slightly tilted back more like thisImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407669615.028746.jpg and yeah. I took it out to put the Anubias that I had growing in another tank on to it and couldn't get it right after. But once it decides to stay down. I can remove the rock and it'll be much better.

Thoughts?

Do you suggest I paint it black or get the black sheet either one is going to be painful to get the tank around. But yeah I've been pondering which one I should do.

Back
Top Bottom