Suicidal Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i was siting in my room and I heard a large ''bloop'' sound. I looked behind me at my Betta tank, and notice I didn't see my Betta! I looked everywhere around the tank, and found him on the floor behind the desk.

I threw him back in the tank, he sank for a second then started moving again, but the little guy is covered in dust. I do have a hood on my tank, but theres a small area in the back where the filter is at, where he likely jumped out. I had just changed the water today, so i dont know why he would jump out. I think he may of damaged on of his eyes. Is there any way to "clean" him of the dust?

A family friend had a betta jump out of the tank over night. In the morning he saw a lump on the carpet and thought it was a bug. So he grabbed a boom and started hitting it but when he turned the lights on it turned out to be the betta. Still alive with a few scales missing.

A family friend had a betta jump out of the tank over night. In the morning he saw a lump on the carpet and thought it was a bug. So he grabbed a boom and started hitting it but when he turned the lights on it turned out to be the betta. Still alive with a few scales missing.

Oh man! I would feel absolutely terrible if I did that:eek:

My cat scooped a Betta of a tank and it survived. That's the Betta that lived the longest out of all the ones I've had.

My first betta I had a couple years ago decided he'd explore a hole in a rock that was a bit too small for him. He got stuck and couldnt get out, so I put my hand up to the glass and he started swimming and wiggling like crazy to get out. Unfortunately when he did manage to get out the rock had literally sawed into his back and stomache, it was not pleasant to look at. At that time, I didn't even know about euthanasia for fish and I didn't want to flush him so I just hoped for the best. He lasted about another month or so, it was horrible to look at even though he could still swim just fine. :-(

I woke up one morning to find my beautiful blue betta dead on the floor. Looked like some one threw him on the floor. Dried up and flat.

When I was about eight, I was trying to sleep when a loud plop noise happened...it scared me and I didn't dare look to see what caused it.

Found my dwarf gourami dried up on the floor the next morning. Haunts me to this day that I did not get up to see what happened. I could have saved it.

Back
Top Bottom