Suicidal fish ! O_o

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I have suicidal Corys. They wedge themselves in somewhere where they can't get out and suffocate. ie: air stone. They love to lay between the glass and airstone 6" stick. But...... they end up consuming too much air and suffocate. Or wedging along the filter intake tube and get stuck. WTH 0_o ???!!! They seem to do it on purpose. I have lost 5. I move stuff around, bury airstone, cover stuff up- nope they allude me

Lol. Sorry to hear about your "problem". Have you checked your water parameters? Maybe there's something bad with your water.

So, I have suicidal Corys. They wedge themselves in somewhere where they can't get out and suffocate. ie: air stone. They love to lay between the glass and airstone 6" stick. But...... they end up consuming too much air and suffocate. Or wedging along the filter intake tube and get stuck. WTH 0_o ???!!! They seem to do it on purpose. I have lost 5. I move stuff around, bury airstone, cover stuff up- nope they allude me

I understand ur problem.!! Because I have a violet goby dragon that likes to play with bubbles that came out of the air pump... He is silly.. He does on purpose and he tried to eat my fake plants...
(-.\) but maybe urs did it because they had nothing to do... I don't really think it is something wrong with ur water... I think they just do silly stuff because of boredom... I don't really know..

I do 50% WC every 7 days. PH +/-6.8 amm o nitrites o nitrates 20. All live plants, black water

My room mate had a lid fall off of a breeding box into a tank and her betta wedged himself under it and got stuck.. its a good thing I went and looked at them before I left for the day

Back
Top Bottom