Suitable Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishy Aston said:
I just want to know if I can keep this list of fish together?
Thats all!
Nothing else!

Fishy Aston said:
Which fish would pick on each other?

Is the angelfish with the tetras?

Is the golden barb a aggressive barb?

Thanks

You didn't want anything else, then you did. You need to make up your mind.

You can't keep them together because they will die.

EVERYONE HERE said:
Thats all!
Nothing else!

Fishy Aston said:
I have kept fish before and its been fine.

I just want to know if I can keep this list of fish together?
Thats all!
Nothing else!

No its not fine
Earlier or on another thread you stated that all your fish died
You aren't even completely cycled & you want to add more fish
You want to add 2 fish that'll grow to be 8" in a 10 gallon tank
You're just being stubborn & immature
You obviously don't care about your fish

I have a 110 litre tank and would not dream of keeping te number of fish you ate proposing in a tank. Just my two pence worth

Its over rated to stuff tanks over capacity. I have 5 fish in a 30 gallon...and 1 in a 10. Just find your favorite suitable fish and stock it to a reasonable level. Your levels will be more stable and your fish will be happier and healthier than in an overstocked tank. Not to mention aggression from overcrowding.
Think about how much space a single fish gets in the wild and u wanna stuff a bunch into a tiny box. In the wild nitrates max out at around 5.

Fishy Aston said:
Hello

I was wondering if all of these fish would be happy together.
I have enough space for them and I mean that so dont need to be told about that
Also my water is great Ammonia e.t.c is under the dangerous level.

In one tank would these live happily together?
Also if you have ever kept these fish please tell me what you though about them?
IS THIS THE 100L?
Silver Molly's x3 ( 3 Female ) YES
Silver Dollars x2 NO TOO BIG
Zebra Otto x3 YES
Rummy Nose Tetra x6 YES
Head & Tail Tetra x6 YES
Flying Fox x1 NO TOO AGGRESSIVE
Angelfish x2 – Small NO TOO BIG
Golden Barb x2 NO ROOM WITH OTHER SCHOOLS

In another tank:
IS THIS THE 40L?
Dwarf Pleco x1 NO TOO BIG
Bristle Nose Pleco x1 NO TOO BIG
Neon Tetras x5 CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE AND GUPPIES
Apple Golden Snail x1 YES
Red Platys x2 - Swallows YES
Albino Corydoras x5 NO TOO BIG
African Dwarf Frog x2 - Fishy NO WILL GET OUT COMPETED FOR FOOD
Guppies x5 CHOOSE BETWEEN THESE AND NEONS

Any hints or tips about them then that would be great :)
Also sometime soon I want do a survey on different fish and then get some stats on them based on the things you have told me? Is that a good idea maybe in the future?

These fish are the fish I actually want and wanted to know if they live in harmony together?

Some experiences would be great!
Thanks
Aston

I wrote in capitals

I know for a fact your tanks are not cycled. You need to be patient and make sure you have a suitable environment for your fish before you add more.

Fishy Aston said:
I dont care about the overstocking!

I have a 9999999 Gallon Tank

Will these fish live happily together?
Why is so hard to get a simple answer?

If you don't care then you shouldn't be here and I'm just trying to stop you making big mistakes in stocking and it is hard to get a simple answer because if we say they are or aren't compatible then you will put them in your 100 and 40 litre tanks

Hello

I was wondering if all of these fish would be happy together.
I have enough space for them and I mean that so dont need to be told about that
Also my water is great Ammonia e.t.c is under the dangerous level.

In one tank would these live happily together?
Also if you have ever kept these fish please tell me what you though about them?

Silver Molly's x3 ( 3 Female )
Silver Dollars x2
Zebra Otto x3
Rummy Nose Tetra x6
Head & Tail Tetra x6
Flying Fox x1
Angelfish x2 – Small
Golden Barb x2

In another tank:

Dwarf Pleco x1
Bristle Nose Pleco x1
Neon Tetras x5
Apple Golden Snail x1
Red Platys x2 - Swallows
Albino Corydoras x5
African Dwarf Frog x2 - Fishy
Guppies x5

Any hints or tips about them then that would be great :)
Also sometime soon I want do a survey on different fish and then get some stats on them based on the things you have told me? Is that a good idea maybe in the future?

These fish are the fish I actually want and wanted to know if they live in harmony together?

Some experiences would be great!
Thanks
Aston

So not even worrying about tank size....part of the reason you can't get a "simple" answer is that tank size will also impact how the fish act. In a huge aquarium, which you don't have you could get away with some stuff that will NOT work in a smaller space.

To break down your first list;

Silver Molly's x3 ( 3 Female ) ( can become aggressive, watch out)
Silver Dollars x2 ( Get BIG and aggressive and eat Plants)
Zebra Otto x3
Rummy Nose Tetra x6
Head & Tail Tetra x6
Flying Fox x1 (can get nasty)
Angelfish x2 – Small ( can get terrotorial and may eat smaller Tetras)
Golden Barb x2 ( Fin nippers, bad with Angels and also Semi-aggressive)

Conclusion: Mollies might be ok. Tetras and Otos OK. Everything else, probably NOT ok. Baby Angels are nice, adults are not always nice.

2nd List:
Dwarf Pleco x1 (if you had a larger tank, they might be ok IF they have lots of food and hiding places)
Bristle Nose Pleco x1

Neon Tetras x5
Apple Golden Snail x1
Red Platys x2 -
Albino Corydoras x5
African Dwarf Frog x2 -
Guppies x5

The Frog may get his toes nipped and may not get food. Platies are pigs. The Plecs MIGHT be ok together. The Livebearers (look it up) will have babies and you'll have too many fish fast. BUT at least this list is all peaceful. The Platies may pester the Guppies.

So there, my opinion. NOT great mixes of fish. I prefer a large school of Tetras or Rasboras as a focal. Then build around it. Dwarf Cories are my current fav, I can fit more in a tank. Frogs I think do best in their own tank !!!

So both lists are fails in my book. The second one, not as bad IF you had a bigger tank. Neither list is great for the tanks you have.

Not only are you disregarding good advice from decent people here, you are spreading bad advice to others. Not smart, as you can see, people here don't tolerate it.

If you want help with stocking: make a build thread. 2: list your water parameters, tank dimensions (YES even length vs height matters) and desired theme 3: patiently wait, do things correctly and bounce ideas around.

If you want to get told what you want to hear, search Yahoo answers and let the fish "experts" there tell you to stuff Plecos, goldfish and 6 gouramis into a 10gal tall tank.

Let's make this easy. The members here are giving you good advice. If you don't want the advice, stop posting. Also as a point of interest our forum rules state we support the ethical keeping of fish, not overstocking on purpose, or not providing a healthy enviroment.
The owners of Aquarium Advice adhere to basic standards of ethical fishkeeping. We believe that freshwater and saltwater aquarists are directly responsible for the health and well being of any aquatic animals in their care, be they fish or invertebrate. These responsibilities include providing a healthy aquatic environment, humane treatment, humane euthanasia (when required), as well as obtaining and disposing of aquatic animals in such a way that does not damage sensitive local ecosystems.

Fishy.
Here's a suggestion. Do the research like so many others have and reach your own conclusions about compatibility. You see alot of us research and then research some more. After that we come to this forum to double check ourselves through others experiences and knowledge. What your asking for is a handout. Do your homework.
Lastly, please try to have a little compassion for the animals your about to torture by not taking good advice!!!

MABJ said:
Not only are you disregarding good advice from decent people here, you are spreading bad advice to others. Not smart, as you can see, people here don't tolerate it.

If you want help with stocking: make a build thread. 2: list your water parameters, tank dimensions (YES even length vs height matters) and desired theme 3: patiently wait, do things correctly and bounce ideas around.

If you want to get told what you want to hear, search Yahoo answers and let the fish "experts" there tell you to stuff Plecos, goldfish and 6 gouramis into a 10gal tall tank.

+1 exactly

So not even worrying about tank size....part of the reason you can't get a "simple" answer is that tank size will also impact how the fish act. In a huge aquarium, which you don't have you could get away with some stuff that will NOT work in a smaller space.

To break down your first list;

Silver Molly's x3 ( 3 Female ) ( can become aggressive, watch out)
Silver Dollars x2 ( Get BIG and aggressive and eat Plants)
Zebra Otto x3
Rummy Nose Tetra x6
Head & Tail Tetra x6
Flying Fox x1 (can get nasty)
Angelfish x2 – Small ( can get terrotorial and may eat smaller Tetras)
Golden Barb x2 ( Fin nippers, bad with Angels and also Semi-aggressive)

Conclusion: Mollies might be ok. Tetras and Otos OK. Everything else, probably NOT ok. Baby Angels are nice, adults are not always nice.

2nd List:
Dwarf Pleco x1 (if you had a larger tank, they might be ok IF they have lots of food and hiding places)
Bristle Nose Pleco x1

Neon Tetras x5
Apple Golden Snail x1
Red Platys x2 -
Albino Corydoras x5
African Dwarf Frog x2 -
Guppies x5

The Frog may get his toes nipped and may not get food. Platies are pigs. The Plecs MIGHT be ok together. The Livebearers (look it up) will have babies and you'll have too many fish fast. BUT at least this list is all peaceful. The Platies may pester the Guppies.

So there, my opinion. NOT great mixes of fish. I prefer a large school of Tetras or Rasboras as a focal. Then build around it. Dwarf Cories are my current fav, I can fit more in a tank. Frogs I think do best in their own tank !!!

So both lists are fails in my book. The second one, not as bad IF you had a bigger tank. Neither list is great for the tanks you have.

Thank You! :dance:

So would you say I should not keep the Golden barb as he might eat hurt angelfish? I am trying to build a community tank so if he Is going to chase others around the tank I dont want them!

Also who would nip the frog? I love frogs anyone who picks on him I am not having :)

Thanks , I have researches all of these fish a lot and I had a list and you cant type all of that into google to see if you can or not. So that is why I was asking for some experiences. Thanks Very Much Again

Thats what the LFS do and they all live!

Also I did try that but no one would give me any advice on the FISH and only the tanks. I get the fact that I cant have them all in the same tank. I will as I will buy them all as babies and when they grow bigger then I will buy a bigger tank :) I.e No point in putting a baby clown loach in a huge tank as it is only very small.

I think that list is not to bad , Just need to take out the Golden barbs I think as someone said they could nip the angelfish , anymore advice would be great.

Thanks
Also everytime I comment on a post it is my IMO & IMHO.

Everyone is different and the way they do things. But yes I agree regular water changes and water test should be taken out. It just depends on the person how much they feed them.

Also I am making a rota so I always keep up with things :)
Sometimes I just use to do water changes whenever but I am learning :)

I think in about a Week I am going to post a thread and do this properly like you said. But they should all fit If I buy them all when they are babies. :fish1:

I dont mean to give out bad info and also I am 13 years old.

If you don't want to give bad info don't give info at all
& a lot of the advice given to you is from ppl that might have been in this hobby for more than 13+years so they have a lot more experience

If you don't want to give bad info don't give info at all
& a lot of the advice given to you is from ppl that might have been in this hobby for more than 13+years so they have a lot more experience

Everything I saw Is in my IMO , IME.
Nothing is factual.

Fishkeeping doesnt come in a book and everyone has there own advice on different situation.

Fishy Aston said:
Thats what the LFS do and they all live!

Also I did try that but no one would give me any advice on the FISH and only the tanks. I get the fact that I cant have them all in the same tank. I will as I will buy them all as babies and when they grow bigger then I will buy a bigger tank :) I.e No point in putting a baby clown loach in a huge tank as it is only very small.

Have you ever heard of stunting, when a fish stops growing but it's internal organs keep growing

Fishy Aston said:
Everything I saw Is in my IMO , IME.
Nothing is factual.

Fishkeeping doesnt come in a book and everyone has there own advice on different situation.

I don't remember you saying "IMO you can use loaches to take care of snail problems"

& yes there's books out there on fishkeeping
Yes everyone has their own advice & suggestions, doesn't mean its correct

Back
Top Bottom