Sump critters--Freshwater Edition :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry to hijack the thread but from what you said Greenmaji?

The main tank without he fish would not have a heater, filter, or anything like that it all is in another tank the pumps to the main one?!!

How much would some thing like this cost to setup?

what are the advantages?

ps: again sorry about hijacking, just thought not enough stuff to warrant making a new thread.

the overflow is ~$40 and the pumps price would depend on the amont of flow you need plus the cost of the extra tank..
the biggest advantage would be.. adding to your system volume (more gallons) wich means more stability..

unfamous said:
hey if i plan on using a sump filter for a fifty gallon i think it is called the mega flow sump filtration and if i were to add critters to that whould i put them in the last slot of the filter?

I would I assume the critters would go in the slot just before the slot that contains the pump.. do you have a picture or link?

the all glass one is the one is the one i was talking about do you guys know how much it goes for? and it's the last slot in the picture that i was talking about

Ive looked around and it seems like they might be selling these with the MegaFlow aquarium.. or they havnt started selling them yet.. the only thing I can find is a standpipe kit for a predrilled aquarium that has the MegaFlow name on it.. But to give you an idea of the price the standpipe kit alone is $40 on bigalsonline (about $10 worth of parts) bigalsonline is usually a good deal so I would suspect that it would be priced about 400% more then cost there.. from looking at it that would be somewhere around $150-200

The main sump reservoir is were I would put critters and that is the next to last section in the MegaFlow sump.. its labeled 4 in the picture on there site.. and it also explains that the last section is the pumps reservoir..
titleimg.jpg

well thnx thaT was really helpfull :D is there a special way i should decorate that slot with the critters or shoulld i leave it bare?

there is a sponge filter and sediment/trap like baffles between the main and pump reservoir's this would limit if not eliminate sediment from getting into the pump reservoir so I would try to stick to the main.. this really depends on the design of the sump.. But most sumps are designed to limit bubbles and sediment from getting to the pump so sediment feeders in the main reservoir would be the best bet in my mind.. HTH

Back
Top Bottom