Sump system/ overflow/ drilled tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this tank, stand, sump and other odds and ends worth a 1000 dollars???

Using two return pipes is a good idea, but you can use one pump if you want. Just use a splitter. This isn't quite what this diagram was meant for, but you can see how a pump can send the water to two places with it:

img_2831651_0_f8077ef639f352bf9c14b28adbaca32b.jpg

I see. I'd like to have two pumps because the one it comes with is only 1200 gph

Yep, 2 is best in case one fails, plus higher turnover. But if you're strapped for cash one can do the job if it's sufficiently strong enough. Without seeing the flow chart for that particular pump and knowing the height it has to push the water it's hard to say if the one it comes with is good enough to do it solo... I would guess not though.

As I've only built one sump myself and just researched the different sump styles while figuring out how to build mine, I don't really have enough experience to say from those pics. Just from a quick glance it seems like you have all the parts, but its hard to visualize how everything's put together from those three pics.

Back
Top Bottom