Sun Sun 304 Dimensions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samh2855

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Guys,
I want to buy a Sun Sun 304 and want it to sit under my 37 Gallon tank. I need to know the dimensions of the bottom skinnier part of the filter and how tall it is to the part that flares out on the top. My stand is made out of 2x4s and want it to fit inside where a shelf would be so that it would sit on the floor. Ill try and attach a pic. Any other info on dimensions or advice is welcome. If anyone has the 303 those dimensions would be good too.
Thanks,
Sam

I can't figure out the picture, I am new. If anyone knows how lmk.

I suggest you contact the seller. They will usually provide dimensions. I have a 302 and a 703b. Just remember you will need space above for the input/output nozzles and hoses.

I'll see if they can do that for me. I have plenty of room on top of it fits where I want it to

Lol. You sure about that? These things are heavy when they are full of media and water. And awkward with nothing to hold on to. You might want to put a shelf on there and sit it on the shelf. Maybe you aren't a whimp like me and finger tip lifting is no problem for you?

It's not tall enough with a shelf is the problem. How much do you think they weigh?

My 302 weights about 20-25lbs. But remember I'm a whimp. I keep mine in a heavy shopping bag with handles to make it easier to pick up.

Do you know if those dimensions are for the bottom part of the canister? I assumed they were for the top part. I messaged a seller on eBay but didn't get back yet

If it fits I'm going to at least try it to see how heavy it is. I'm not a whimp but obviously there are limits

Update: I bought it and it gilts perfectly. If anyone sees this and need to know the bottom dimensions it is a 9 inch square and starts to flare out 10 inches from the bottom of the filter

Back
Top Bottom