Sunset Honey Gourami Parents/Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all, I am currently stocking my planted 20H. So far, I have 3 different type platy's and today I got 3 white clouds (think one is prego) and as my FOCAL fish I got a pretty sunset honey gourami:flowers:....okay for those who own SHG's, what information can you offer me in caretaking of this pretty fish...I need all input....he/she is so happy thank I couldn't get a good photo so I recorded a small clip...enjoy...oh also if you think I have room for anymore fish...also suggest that to...

Ours are pretty easy...they love the plants and driftwood. They spend their days nibbling on the stuff on them. When I have to have my arms in the tank...they are always the first ones to come up and start playing in all the little bubbles on my arms...mollies are second. For such a little fish they are pretty brave...lol. Their color shifts depending on mood too. Enjoy!

Awww, how cute. I really wanted one, but I'm too scared to get one based on general problems with gouramis. Gorgeous fish though.

Awww, how cute. I really wanted one, but I'm too scared to get one based on general problems with gouramis. Gorgeous fish though.

Thank you....I have 3 other gourami's too in a 40b with 6tbs...(opaline, gold, and blue)...I thought it was so cute too...couldn't resist:fish2:

Ours are pretty easy...they love the plants and driftwood. They spend their days nibbling on the stuff on them. When I have to have my arms in the tank...they are always the first ones to come up and start playing in all the little bubbles on my arms...mollies are second. For such a little fish they are pretty brave...lol. Their color shifts depending on mood too. Enjoy!

Awesome....I couldn't resist his/her color...red is my fav color :brows: what other fish you have with yours if i may ask

Geronica said:
Awesome....I couldn't resist his/her color...red is my fav color :brows: what other fish you have with yours if i may ask

They are in our 135 community...long list...lol:
Angelfish
German blue rams
Mollies
Platies
Dwarf gourami
Boesemani rainbowfish
Gold barbs
Purple passion danios
Cardinals
Black skirt tetras
Corries
Yoyo loaches
Synodontis petricola

We only have two of them...but I wouldn't mind having 5...if there was room. ;-)

They are in our 135 community...long list...lol:
Angelfish
German blue rams
Mollies
Platies
Dwarf gourami
Boesemani rainbowfish
Gold barbs
Purple passion danios
Cardinals
Black skirt tetras
Corries
Yoyo loaches
Synodontis petricola

We only have two of them...but I wouldn't mind having 5...if there was room. ;-)

wow! awesome tank and tank mates...i bet that is fun and soothing to sit and watch

Geronica said:
wow! awesome tank and tank mates...i bet that is fun and soothing to sit and watch

Yes...it's a room divider in our main living space...the centerpiece of the house. I'm working on the fish room! ;-)

I have 3 honey sunsets in my
150g. My yank is not close to stocked they are in there with 10 black skirts 9 corys and a rubberlip pleco. They are great, no aggression towards any added parties and share food at feeding. They are probably my favorite fish. Everyone told me male gouramis would get agressive but two of them act like best buds always together. The third is a loner and hides more bit his.color is great and he comes running at feeding time with no problems.

I would just say with multiples make sure they.have hiding spots and places to call there own. It will be hard to find females as they lack color and lfs will likely only have males

Back
Top Bottom