Sunsun Canisters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freakgecko91

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok so I've been hearing a good deal about these. Are the really worth it? My work (animal shelter) just bought three on my recommendation for our turtle tanks and I'm hoping I've heard right. So I was thinking about getting one for my 75, after I stupidly broke my AC 110 yet again (it had a crack in the plastic, I glued it previously, went to clean it and picked it up from the side. The entire piece broke off). So is a sunsun worth it? Or am I better off going on Craigslist and finding another fluval 405/406?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have the Aquatop CF400UV, which is a rebadged/repackaged Sunsun HW-303B, and I prefer it over my Fluval 405 hands down..

Jesse

Have 2 running problem free for well over a year. Just need to be gentle with the parts..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've broken so many parts of my fluval so that isn't anything new lol my marine land has been solid, but is a pain to restart most of the time. Thinking its time for a new filter for the 75, as the two AC 110's aren't doing it. I also need to redo that tank, algae city and lack of ferts for the swords

I've broken so many parts of my fluval so that isn't anything new lol my marine land has been solid, but is a pain to restart most of the time. Thinking its time for a new filter for the 75, as the two AC 110's aren't doing it. I also need to redo that tank, algae city and lack of ferts for the swords

So 2 ac 70's are going to hurt on my 75?? My only thing w cans is the maintenance requires motivation. It's no small task.
Ps- I'm not lazy, i work extremely hard some days and the last thing I feel.like doing is cleaning a nasty,heavy cannister..

So 2 ac 70's are going to hurt on my 75?? My only thing w cans is the maintenance requires motivation. It's no small task.
Ps- I'm not lazy, i work extremely hard some days and the last thing I feel.like doing is cleaning a nasty,heavy cannister..

I cleaned 2 canisters today. They were just as easy, if not easier than my HOB. I also run makeshift media on all my HOB lol random foam, ceramic, and pillow stuffing. And they didn't bust like my 110 lol if I were you, I'd have gone with a beefier filtration system. I also am a weird guy who is currently running either a 50 or a 70 on a 20 long, which also has a marine land canister filter on it

Ugh.. the 70's don't even fit my tank!!!

Canisters aren't bad to clean, i just put the media in tank water and then dump everything else out and rinse quick. Then put back together. Sounds like more work but its maybe a 5 minute task.

Only advice is don't leave it for too long. They fill up with crap quick and if you go on a lazy spree (i did for like 3 months) there will be a solid inch or more of nasty gunk at the bottom.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

I have the Aquatop CF400UV, which is a rebadged/repackaged Sunsun HW-303B, and I prefer it over my Fluval 405 hands down..

Jesse

I've never had the Fluval 5 series but own 5 of the 6 series- 206, 306 etc. What makes you like the Sunsun/Aquatop better? I've never used anything but the Fluval and Eheim and I hate the Eheims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

405 priming function is terrible. I hate it. More often than not, if I have to reprime it, I end up having to suck on the output to get it started. Nothing else works. #1 pet peeve with it.

Impeller cover is cheap junk, broken the tabs off more than once.
Flow is terrible, even without media.
Louder than my Aquatop (not much)
The ribbed hoses are horrible. Whoever designed that needs a swift kick to the shin.

Jesse

Back
Top Bottom