SUPER green tank.. how much a pwc can i do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tank-challenged

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
10 gallon ... 3 goldfish (i know, i know = too many!) so I want to change the water the maximum I can EACH DAY FOR THE next week... and then I'm just going to pwc every day by 20 percent.... now that I finally realize that's the problem, after reading up on this site. and as I understand it, i shouldn't clean the gravel or anything so i don't have a mini-cyle?

i have a 10-30 gallon filter by the way, and I have lights on about 12 hours a day and I have NOT been overfeeding... lately, that is!!

Super green means lots of algea....lots of algea often means too much light.
Ant direct sunlight hitting the tank?

I would think 50-60 percent would be fine on a daily basis.

no you'll wanna clean your gravel to remove waste so it doesn't build up and cuase ammonia, nitrate or nitrite spikes, I would siphon the gravel at least every weekend considering its a 10 gallon with three goldfish

I wouldn't clean the gravel everyday, but I would definitley clean it. Bacteria do live there, yes, but it's all over your tank too (given that the tank is cycled). I would leave your filter alone, clean gravel twice a week maybe, and would think 50% water changes would not be overkill.

BTW, you can also try blacking the tank out for 4-5 days with a heavy dark blanket. No sunlight will starve the algae and kill it.

Back
Top Bottom