Super Naturals sand dump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like the combo of water clarifier and polishing pad did the trick last night. Here is the crystal clear tank today:

image-2162462674.jpg

Lafeet85 said:
Hey man, welcome to the newbie mistake. I did it too when I got my first fish tank. The best and quickest way is to wash your sand and siphon it again again again until there is no floating particles anymore and the water is clear. It may take you a whole day, but man, definitely worth it. my first tank is pretty small, so it was easier for me to clean. But just keep trying and keep the filter on all the time. It will work eventually.

Lesson learned for next time !

JesseMessykinn said:
Question? How are you refilling your tank? I was told when adding water back into the tank to lay a flat rock to stop the water from swooshing the sand around as you fill the tank. I do believe it was Mumma who said it, so kudos to her if it works.

That's a great idea. Will start doing that going forward. Til this point it was actually useful to mess up / disturb the saand so I could get all the dirt and dust out... Which I should have rinsed properly to begin with :(

jetajockey said:
The biogmagnet clarifier works great. Another good one if ever needed is seachem clarity which is basically the same thing.

And this stuff is safe to use with fish in the water? Right now no fish in tank so I felt ok about it but if it's totally safe then this stuff is as good as gold !

Back
Top Bottom