Surface Fancy Guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My Guppies are no longer going to the surface. All the fish in the tank seem to get along well and they are always close together!

hi mike,

I also have fan tail guppies 2 neons and last week the famale gave birth to 8 fry. I added water to the aquarium which is bottled water only to find she was not doing well. To make a long story short I had my water tested and the ph was high and was burning her, she seemed to improve but then later found her dead stuck on the filtering system, however the others seemed to be fine and the male fan tail also stays at the top of the tank.. I asked a question a while back about white fuzzy slimy stuff floating in the tank. I was told that over feeding may be the cause so i feed once aday but the white fuzzys are still present it seems to not be as visible now is it some thing more. I have a bubble rock as well can some one help w/ this myster???? shark

Please read the sticky at the top of the Unhealthy Fish forum and get back to us with the answers to those questions.

How high was the pH?

it was a dark blue the owner told me i was frying them so he gave me a 3 in 1 water conditioner to add when i do water changes or add water to the tank... but the famale died any way i was too late. other fish seem fine the 2 neons and the fry she had less than a week ago

Generally fish will tolerate any pH within the range likely to be found in your tap water. Changes in pH are more stressful to them than something slightly out of their recommended range. Nobody here recommends the use of pH buffers unless you're monitoring the pH daily and adjusting it for the purpose of breeding.

Please read the sticky at the top of the Unhealthy Fish forum and get back to us with the answers to those questions.

Back
Top Bottom