Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 81
Suspected White spot on Blackmoor

I recently noticed that my black moor has some white patches on his tail. They are not small spots as he has had white spot before, but rather larger sized patches of a white/pale blue. He’s alway had that kind of colouring in his crevices, but wanted to make sure he doesn’t have white spot. Any input is appreciated. PS he’s always had a wonky tail Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2666.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	312930Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	312931
__________________

__________________
Lilly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
m.j.gomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Farmington, n.m.
Posts: 101
Hello, a black moor should have hints of bronzes in coloring.
When upgrading 29-55gal 2×fantails,1×moor, 2×dojo loach I suffered a mini cycle. I only realized this when moor started turing bluish grey.
Good bet its water quality. I would test then do 50%water change at first then 25%every 2 days. See if color changes back. Water should test 0 ammonia,0 nitrites & below 40nitrate.
A moor min tank sz is 20gal for 1 & 10gal each additional. Its temp should be 62-72°. It would be good idea to feed peas, cucumber or anacharis plant(some type ruffage in diet) to elevate swimming issues that might occur. (Gobble in 1.5gal qt)Hope this helps you. Click image for larger version

Name:	gobble%20turk.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	312932
__________________

__________________
m.j.gomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
BBradbury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 4,773
Your Fancy Goldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly123 View Post
I recently noticed that my black moor has some white patches on his tail. They are not small spots as he has had white spot before, but rather larger sized patches of a white/pale blue. He’s alway had that kind of colouring in his crevices, but wanted to make sure he doesn’t have white spot. Any input is appreciated. PS he’s always had a wonky tail Attachment 312930Attachment 312931
Hello Lilly...

If you've always kept the tank water clean with large, weekly water changes, and feed a balanced diet and used standard aquarium salt in the new, treated tap water, you have nothing to worry about. If the fish is eating enthusiastically and is active, this is likely a color change some Goldfish go through.

B
__________________
"Fear not, my young apprentice. Just change the tank water."
BBradbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello Lilly...

If you've always kept the tank water clean with large, weekly water changes, and feed a balanced diet and used standard aquarium salt in the new, treated tap water, you have nothing to worry about. If the fish is eating enthusiastically and is active, this is likely a color change some Goldfish go through.

B


Awesome!! Thx so much, wanted to check it was normal
__________________
Lilly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.gomez View Post
Hello, a black moor should have hints of bronzes in coloring.
When upgrading 29-55gal 2×fantails,1×moor, 2×dojo loach I suffered a mini cycle. I only realized this when moor started turing bluish grey.
Good bet its water quality. I would test then do 50%water change at first then 25%every 2 days. See if color changes back. Water should test 0 ammonia,0 nitrites & below 40nitrate.
A moor min tank sz is 20gal for 1 & 10gal each additional. Its temp should be 62-72°. It would be good idea to feed peas, cucumber or anacharis plant(some type ruffage in diet) to elevate swimming issues that might occur. (Gobble in 1.5gal qt)Hope this helps you. Attachment 312932


Thx, he’s never been pure black but just wanted to make sure he’s ok
__________________
Lilly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
black, moor, spec, spot, white, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Blackmoor with White dots not responding to treatments eakkoenig Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 1 02-13-2016 07:37 PM
White Bump on Blackmoor MaffooJ Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 5 10-15-2013 12:24 AM
Blackmoor ... tumor? tauquenmay Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 2 01-02-2009 03:17 PM
Blackmoor Diagnosis - Ich weaselandalf Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 5 10-06-2005 03:07 PM
Does my blackmoor have white spot? weaselandalf Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish 5 09-27-2005 08:07 AM







» Photo Contest Winners








All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.