Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2019, 04:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Suspected White spot on Blackmoor

I recently noticed that my black moor has some white patches on his tail. They are not small spots as he has had white spot before, but rather larger sized patches of a white/pale blue. He’s alway had that kind of colouring in his crevices, but wanted to make sure he doesn’t have white spot. Any input is appreciated. PS he’s always had a wonky tail Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2666.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	312930Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	312931

Old 05-16-2019, 09:12 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hello, a black moor should have hints of bronzes in coloring.
When upgrading 29-55gal 2×fantails,1×moor, 2×dojo loach I suffered a mini cycle. I only realized this when moor started turing bluish grey.
Good bet its water quality. I would test then do 50%water change at first then 25%every 2 days. See if color changes back. Water should test 0 ammonia,0 nitrites & below 40nitrate.
A moor min tank sz is 20gal for 1 & 10gal each additional. Its temp should be 62-72°. It would be good idea to feed peas, cucumber or anacharis plant(some type ruffage in diet) to elevate swimming issues that might occur. (Gobble in 1.5gal qt)Hope this helps you. Click image for larger version

Name:	gobble%20turk.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	312932

Old 05-16-2019, 11:21 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Your Fancy Goldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly123 View Post
I recently noticed that my black moor has some white patches on his tail. They are not small spots as he has had white spot before, but rather larger sized patches of a white/pale blue. He’s alway had that kind of colouring in his crevices, but wanted to make sure he doesn’t have white spot. Any input is appreciated. PS he’s always had a wonky tail Attachment 312930Attachment 312931
Hello Lilly...

If you've always kept the tank water clean with large, weekly water changes, and feed a balanced diet and used standard aquarium salt in the new, treated tap water, you have nothing to worry about. If the fish is eating enthusiastically and is active, this is likely a color change some Goldfish go through.

B
Old 05-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello Lilly...

If you've always kept the tank water clean with large, weekly water changes, and feed a balanced diet and used standard aquarium salt in the new, treated tap water, you have nothing to worry about. If the fish is eating enthusiastically and is active, this is likely a color change some Goldfish go through.

B

Awesome!! Thx so much, wanted to check it was normal
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j.gomez View Post
Hello, a black moor should have hints of bronzes in coloring.
When upgrading 29-55gal 2×fantails,1×moor, 2×dojo loach I suffered a mini cycle. I only realized this when moor started turing bluish grey.
Good bet its water quality. I would test then do 50%water change at first then 25%every 2 days. See if color changes back. Water should test 0 ammonia,0 nitrites & below 40nitrate.
A moor min tank sz is 20gal for 1 & 10gal each additional. Its temp should be 62-72°. It would be good idea to feed peas, cucumber or anacharis plant(some type ruffage in diet) to elevate swimming issues that might occur. (Gobble in 1.5gal qt)Hope this helps you. Attachment 312932

Thx, he’s never been pure black but just wanted to make sure he’s ok

Tags
black, moor, spec, spot, white, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com