Switching from HOB filter to a canister

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The canister was quiet but I moved it around this afternoon and now it's making noise and blowing bubbles again, is it gonna stop??? :/

Any time air gets trapped in the canister it will be noisy. A lil trick (can get a little messy sometimes) is break the seal by unclipping one clip until water squirts out which will take out the last bit of air. I don't know if this works on all canister filters but I figure the concept is the same so I'd imagine it would.

I have the cascade 1000 and I had an issue with that. For some odd reason if you shake the filter for a bit it somehow makes the air bubbles dissipate. It shoots a lot of it out for a while. But then it takes out the air bubbles. The micro bubbles will go away over time but its an eye sore on the tank. Hope you can fix it. :)

Just give a gentle shake every now and again. Or, tilt it to one side and set it back down, then tilt it to another side and set back down. Repeat as needed.

Make sure the input side isn't sucking air. The big round button on the top if you push it, will prime it, and I think pushing it can help get air out of the top.

SRC <><

Back
Top Bottom