Switching guppies to neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm getting tired of having so many guppies all the time and want to get something smaller. I currently have a 10 gallon tank with about 15 guppies (4 adults and the rest juveniles) which has been running for a year and a half. How should I introduce my neons? Should I take half 5 guppies out and put 5 neons in or switch them all? All replies are appreciated!

I'm getting tired of having so many guppies all the time and want to get something smaller. I currently have a 10 gallon tank with about 15 guppies (4 adults and the rest juveniles) which has been running for a year and a half. How should I introduce my neons? Should I take half 5 guppies out and put 5 neons in or switch them all? All replies are appreciated!

Imo a ten gallon is a little small for neons. But if you absolutely wanted to you could remove all the guppies and add neons.

Just to add something I believe that 15 guppies will overstock your tank when they get older.

Imo a ten gallon is a little small for neons. But if you absolutely wanted to you could remove all the guppies and add neons.

Just to add something I believe that 15 guppies will overstock your tank when they get older.

Yeah that's my concern about guppies is they're getting our of hand. I figure with neons, they're just gonna stay the number I buy them.

Ya I'm gonna keep 2 males but all the rest are gonna go

Here's a picture of the tank. All the guppies are clustered at the top. I think the neons would look really good with the driftwood. The guppies look unorganized in the tank and I think neons would look better as a schooling fish

Attachments

• image-2268691999.jpg
    image-2268691999.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 71
Good news. I took my neon back to the pet store today and they had no problem with the return. Got a good looking -and healthy neon.

Oh oops wrong thread

Back
Top Bottom