Switching tanks for the flowerhorn and the goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZacksFlowerhorn123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I currently have a 4 inch flowerhorn in a 10 gallon tank(hoping to upgrade to a 56 gallon column). And a 28 gallon bow front with 2 fancy goldfish, 1 oranda (5 inches with the long tail), and 1 small 2inch ryukin... The 28 gallon tank has a penguin 200? (its rated for 50 gallons and has 2 filters cartridges... The 10 gallon has 2 filters each rated for 30 gallons.. I clean the tanks regularly. And they both have rocks as substrate.. SO MY QUESTION IS(FINALLY)... If I end up not being able to get the 56 gallon column, Could I switch the flowerhorn horn to the 28 gallo and switch the goldfish to the 10 gallon when the flowerhorn gets bigger? Would it be better if I just kept one goldie(the bigger one). In the 10, and returned the ryukin to the pet store? (and of course moving the flowerhorn into the 28 gallon bowfront... Or would It be better if I got a tank divider and split it so thee flowerhorn and the goldies had 14 gallons each? I please help because there's an 80% chance I won't be able get the 56 column.. :eek::thanks:

Last edited:
I'd say there's a 100% chance that you should take the flowerhorn and all but the two fancy goldfish back to the store until you have the proper tank space for them. The flowerhorn needs a much larger tank, and even a 56 column is too small.

Back
Top Bottom