Switching to well water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jtomas24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay so I have an established tank set up in my apartment in a city with tap water. I'm moving back to my parents house in the coming weeks and they have well water. I just want to make sure I am going to do the transition right. I'm upgrading tank size, which I already have. I have the ability to set up the tank at my parents days before hand to make sure everything is good for the swap. What I'm thinking of doing is filling the new tank about 3/4 of the way. Then using my bags from the pet store I saved and putting the fish in them then putting them into buckets containing tank water along with the filter media and plants. Driving it all up to my moms house, putting the old tank water, plants, substrate, and everything else into the new tank and letting the temp and pfs settle. Then drip acclimating the fish as soon as possible. The pfs will be coming from another tank I was fishless cycling which will just be driven up in the tank it's in with just enough water to cover it and keep it wet. If this all makes sense or there is something I am forgetting please let me know. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom