swordtail fry not growing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hann-04

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi there! i'm new to the community! this is my first post!

i'm a fairly new fish owner, i've had the tank for about 5 months. about a month ago i realized that i had red swordtail fry so i only managed to save 2, however i still have both! i did some research and asked around at the local pet stores and everything seemed to tell me to get a breeders box and isolate the fry so the bigger fish wouldn't eat them... so i went out and got the breeder box and put in the fry. i felt so bad that they were stuck in that small space that i started doing more research and it said that if the tank had places to hide they should be fine. i have 5 live plants in my tank so i let them free and sure enough they went to hide.

i have 2 fry. one is the size of a neon tetra now and the other is only about a third of the size! :confused: am i doing something wrong? will the other one grow? did putting them in the breeder box make it stop growing?

since then i had got another female black swordtail and wouldn't you know it, she was pregnant. she has only had 2 fry that i could tell so far, one she ate.. one survived and that black swordtail fry is now bigger than my first red swordtail fry that isn't seeming to grow.. HELP, how do i help the poor little guy!!

I think it my be because of 2 reasons the water quality because that helps there growth or how much they eat that is very important to the fry but may I see a picture of it and has it ate enough too

The water quality is great and she eats lots... So I can't see it being either of those.. I can try to get a picture but they are fast!

Maybe it just stopped growing it may be just the fish's body so it's not acting weird or you see anything any spots or anything it is fine I have seen adult swordtail that small it does not die it is fine if you want you can got to a pet shop to ask them other than that there is nothing else you can do

Back
Top Bottom