Swtiching filter cartridges!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok, I have both the new and the old cartridges in the filter right now, except that they both don't quit fit in the filter I have. What would you recommend I do and also can I cut the old filter cartridge in half and put it in there instead of the whole cartridge?

It's a top fin 10

Ah, just rinse the new one and swap them out. If i recall the Top Fin 10 uses Tetra Medium size filter pads.

If you got one of the larger sizes i guess you could try cutting it. If your current filter pad uses one of those plastic frames just remove the old pad and try to shape the new one around it. Trimming excess padding if necessary. Although im not sure how well it will be able to hold media after that.

Ah, just rinse the new one and swap them out. If i recall the Top Fin 10 uses Tetra Medium size filter pads.

If you got one of the larger sizes i guess you could try cutting it. If your current filter pad uses one of those plastic frames just remove the old pad and try to shape the new one around it. Trimming excess padding if necessary. Although im not sure how well it will be able to hold media after that.

Ah ok, thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom