Synodontis eupterus more active at lower temps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPillow

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys,

In my community tank housing a syno, dwarf gourami, serpae tetras, bamboo shrimp and corys, I normally keep the temp at 78-79*F. Last night a cold front came through and the temp dropped down to about 76*F before I noticed and could adjust my heater. Today I noticed my syno, Oliver, has been alot more active than usual, perusing the bottom of the tank in broad daylight, chasing the occasional cory, and not seeming to mind being seen. Usually he holes up under his driftwood and doesn't come out until the evening (or at least feeding time, when he barrels around the tank like a raving lunatic).

Do you think this change could be attributed to the lower temp? If so, would 76*F be an alright place to keep the tank at full time with the listed inhabitants?

Thanks!

I keep mine at 79-80 degrees F and he's very active. He was really quiet and shy for quite a while after I got him and then he opened up. He doesn't cruise the tank unless he can scavenge though. He seems to know when there's no food available. He does take long rest periods in between scavenger hunts.

Back
Top Bottom