Synodontis Multipunctatus in community?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mebbid

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will hopefully be replacing my 55g with a 75g before too long and was considering redoing the stock with its change. I have 3 synodontis multipunctatus catfish in a cichlid tank which is going bye bye along with all the cichlids leaving me with the 3 multipunctatus.

So my big question is how do the Multis do in a community aquarium? I know they are fairly large growing fish which is semi aggressive so that makes me pause before adding them in.

The stocking I am planning:
2 Angels
10 Praeox Rainbows
20 Cardinal Tetras
3 Synodontis Multipunctatus
Orinoco Angel Pleco
Bristlenose Pleco
Rubberlip Pleco

I will hopefully be replacing my 55g with a 75g before too long and was considering redoing the stock with its change. I have 3 synodontis multipunctatus catfish in a cichlid tank which is going bye bye along with all the cichlids leaving me with the 3 multipunctatus. So my big question is how do the Multis do in a community aquarium? I know they are fairly large growing fish which is semi aggressive so that makes me pause before adding them in. The stocking I am planning: 2 Angels 10 Praeox Rainbows 20 Cardinal Tetras 3 Synodontis Multipunctatus Orinoco Angel Pleco Bristlenose Pleco Rubberlip Pleco

Sorry to post off topic, well a little. But how can you just get rid of your fish like that?? Haha.. Do you not grow attached to them?? It's hard for me if I decide I need to let go of a fish :(

Sorry to post off topic, well a little. But how can you just get rid of your fish like that?? Haha.. Do you not grow attached to them?? It's hard for me if I decide I need to let go of a fish :(

My previous room mate (one of my best friends) and I started in the hobby together about a year ago and we put the cichlid tank together with the expectation that she was going to be living with me for a few years even though it was her tank. A couple months ago she had some family stuff happen as well as the opportunity to go back to college for free so I suggested that she move downstate to be with her niece and nephew. I also offered to watch the tank for her while she got situated. It's time for it to go because with school starting I don't really have the time or energy to take care of an extra 55g tank jam packed with fish :)

My previous room mate (one of my best friends) and I started in the hobby together about a year ago and we put the cichlid tank together with the expectation that she was going to be living with me for a few years even though it was her tank. A couple months ago she had some family stuff happen as well as the opportunity to go back to college for free so I suggested that she move downstate to be with her niece and nephew. I also offered to watch the tank for her while she got situated. It's time for it to go because with school starting I don't really have the time or energy to take care of an extra 55g tank jam packed with fish :)

Oh makes sense :)

Back
Top Bottom