t5 bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
When should they be replaced? I came across some t5 zoo med bulbs St PETCO, flora sun I believe, can't remember. Anyways do any of y'all have any experience on these bulbs? What about the fixture? Edit: these are t5 ho bulbs.

I have 2 T5 HO fixtures. The bulbs are supposed to be replaced every 6 to 9 months if you are growing plants. If there are just fish I don't think it matters how old the bulbs are.

brennae said:
I have 2 T5 HO fixtures. The bulbs are supposed to be replaced every 6 to 9 months if you are growing plants. If there are just fish I don't think it matters how old the bulbs are.

Im growing plants, I had my fixture for about a year along with the bulbs. Im trying to see if these zoo med t5 bulbs are any good?

Fishandmusic81 said:
Oh well I have 6700k bulbs not zoomed brand but I think you should be fine

Im still looking more into em but need other people's opinions. What bulbs do you use?

I have zoomed bulbs. Ultra sun and flora sun. They both work great for me. I say replace every year but that's me.

jkdubs2 said:
I have zoomed bulbs. Ultra sun and flora sun. They both work great for me. I say replace every year but that's me.

Yes! Those are the bulbs they have and plan on getting, do they help with your plants any good?

fishdud said:
Yes! Those are the bulbs they have and plan on getting, do they help with your plants any good?

Yea I think they work great. I have them in both of my dual t5 fixtures.

Ooooh Thanks! Will definitely buy now, are the fixtures any good?

Back
Top Bottom