Take a look of this!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppy12

Aquarium Advice Activist
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/item.php?news=957

Thats sick sick sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :x 8O :( :!:

I've never actually read any of this before today.

That is pretty disgusting. I'm honestly amazed that pet stores would stock this stuff. This would not be acceptable if it were anything other than a fish. I'm not exactly sure as to where I stand on "can fish feel pain, do they have a soul", but this is just plain mutilation.

thats today tho. everything is superficial. thats why young girls age 14 are getting breast implants and liposuckion/tummy tucks.
tanning in tanning beds everyday.
anerxia or belemia. Whatever the case now they doing it to animals. TO MAKE THEM MORE beautiful to the superficial world.
Were everyone is judging.
They just took what we as people do. And turning it in the next best thing.. Meany animals.
Noone thinks of the sideeffects of surgery or cosmetic surgery.
Hey it may look good for a while but it aint gonna stay that way.
personally i wouldnt have any kind of surgery to make myself look better. Or anyone i know.
So why would anyone do it to pets and animals?
So now fish arent beautiful and cool the way they are , they think they have the right to change them.
i dont think people have the right. Including the parents letting they newly teenage daughters have breast implants.

They amputate tails on dogs, and you can hear the squeals of pain in the entire vet building when the 2 day old puppies get it done.

The bad thing is that a lot of people have been led to believe that "love heart parrots" are bred that way. Now that we know the truth, it's even more disgusting.

(BTW, I have nothing against blood parrots in general - in fact I have one (non-dyed or mutilated) and it is my favorite fish, however, I certainly do not condone mutilating them in any way.)

there used to be a time when they sold dyed pink and yellow chicks to kids at easter time. part of the dying process involved placing the chicks in a low heated oven. this was banned and should be the same with these fish. im not sure about if fish have souls as stated above, that might be a human thing, but fish darn sure feel pain.

DepotFish said:
They amputate tails on dogs, and you can hear the squeals of pain in the entire vet building when the 2 day old puppies get it done.

I was going to say this same thing. Combine the tail thing with cropped ears and human circumcisions and it's more or less the same.

I'm not saying it's a very nice thing to do. If I had a dog, I couldn't crop its ears to cut it's tail off. I just couldn't do it. Some people will argue that these things are for the health of the animal. "Oh, he's less likely to get ear mites now." Ok, if ear mites were THAT big of a deal, natural selection would have phased out dogs with larger ears.

Poor fishies... poor doggies. Poor baby people. All losing body parts because of the ignorance of many.

It's not in the UK: the RSPCA will close down LFS that are caught selling dyed fish: I know of one fairly dodgy LFS near where I live (which I've never bought from) that a fellow aquarist had shut down b/c of that.

When you buy your fish from your LFS, make sure they have signed up to some kind of anti-dyed fish campaign. If they haven't already, see if you can get them to. I don't know if the Practical Fishkeeping campaign applies outside of the UK, but I'm sure there must be an equivalent over in the US.

Just despicable, it makes my blood boil to see that poor little guy about the get his tail chopped off.

One of the things I love about my LFS guy is he is vocal about dyed fish, refuses to sell goldfish bowls and after 'Finding Nemo' came out he refused to sell clownfish to anyone he didn't already know as a customer.

I never understood mutilation for "looks." Poor fishies, poor puppies with their stubby tails, and poor little infant baby boys! All stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom