Tales of guppy nipped by molly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

your bro joshi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
From last week I have noticed that tales of guppies got nipped. I had 6 mollies (2 died recently unfortunately don't know why and 1 ballon molly and 3 baby mollies) as I saw my 2 guppies their tales looks like someone have nipped it.though I haven't seen any molly harrassing any of my guppies. Can mollies really nip the tales of guppy? Also my guppies are healthy no problem of tail rot or fin rot disease. Mine is 10 gallon tank with heater and filter. Please suggest.

My experience of mollies so far is that they can be a bit nippy, especially if there aren't two or three females for each male. The girls nip the boys (as they are being constantly sexually harassed) and the boys nip each other because they're fighting over the girls!

I heard guppies can breed with mollies (or can try to) could this be why? Is your tank a bit ... sausage heavy? :brows:

Yeah, mollies really need a bigger tank, probably around a 30g. They can also be jerks lol, and they heavily outmatch guppies in general

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Both guppies are males might be they are fighting with each other

Knowing my mollies I think they are more likely culprits haha... I've seen guppies housed as all male groups at the LFS whereas I can't imagine that ever going down well with mollies.

Mollies do well with a slightly bigger tank and more females. When you can afford, id get bigger tank if possible.

In my 90g tank angel fish are culprits they do nip guppies occasionally and guppies are 14 angels 2.

I haven't seen my mollies nipping or fighting with my guppies till date. My two male guppies sometimes fight/play (don't know) with each other . I think they nipped each other's fin (might be).

Back
Top Bottom