Tall Hex tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartgirl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just need some opinions....I have this talk hex tank....6x 9" panels and 2 feet tall (about 25 gallons)....

I could do a planted shrimp tank with some tiny ember tetra (or something) .....or maybe some kind of small reef? (I've never done saltwater though so it would be totally new to me....)

What do you think? I generally dislike tall tanks, but this one is just adorable lol.....ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1442280747.648753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sick dw,lots of moss.. rcs and dwarf puffers!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, you could probably do some shrimp. I would do freshwater just because most fish in saltwater need vertical, not horizontal swimming space. Some cool shrimp with some plants would be nice. It's hard to scape these tall tanks because you don't have lots of floor space to place things. Also, there aren't many tall plants out there to fill up the top. So, do you want to go salt or fresh route?

Probably fresh....Brookster will dwarf puffers eat shrimp?? I'll look into that...I've always wanted puffers, and a tank that shrimp won't get eaten in ?.....jungle Val, water sprite....maybe some red dwarf Lilly....moss...wood....I snagged this adorable tank setup for $15 at a yard sale!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom