Tall tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suzanne0101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
Does any one out there have tall fish tanks.
Mine is a 45 corner unit so its tall. I see a lot of pictures of long tanks and wish I could get one. but for now I will have to learn to live with the 45 corner unit. I know my lighting is less then optimal 2 18 watt lights , and i think that puts me in the DARK, ... Being that the tank is such an odd size the only way to change the lighting is to custom build the hood and add the T5 lighting. Are there any tankowners with tall tanks that would like top post a few pics.??

thanks
Suzanne

I know somebody with a 40Gallon Tall. I don't have any pictures for you though. I personally have a 2OGallon Tall with a footprint of a ten gallon. The only problem is that they are tall and sometimes its hard to get good lighting towards the bottom.

Thanks.
I think I will dig out my lights I had in my 35 gal salt water tank.
Not even sure if they work any more....
At least I can up the lighting to 55 watt and that would give me at least 1+ watt per gal.
Hope I got that right

Suzanne

Thanks.
I think I will dig out my lights I had in my 35 gal salt water tank.
Not even sure if they work any more....
At least I can up the lighting to 55 watt and that would give me at least 1+ watt per gal.
Hope I got that right

Suzanne

I have a 56 gallon tall, however; its 30 inches across thus a normal 30" fixture works fine. Can't really help you on a custom made fixture.

3835_1.jpg

Wow
Your tank is an inspiration. I guess the tall plants make all the diffrence in the world.
I hope you do not mind if I copy this and your picture and your plant listing and use it as my starting point.

Again thanks and WOW....

Wow
Your tank is an inspiration. I guess the tall plants make all the diffrence in the world.
I hope you do not mind if I copy this and your picture and your plant listing and use it as my starting point.

Again thanks and WOW....

thank you.

I wish that it still looked that good, but lately I have been pre-occupied with work and the like so I haven't been keeping up so well.

Tall tanks are very doable, and since I live in Chicago, my condo is pretty small, thus the smaller foot print.

You are more than welcome to copy the picture.

Back
Top Bottom