Tank 36L X 17H X 12.5W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEANS

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was doing some research about this tank size and at glasscages.com it says a tank like this is 38g. So to double check this I google'd tank size calc and typed it in and it says a tank this size is 33g. can anyone confirm either of these? thanks alot!

well its more common in bigger tanks but what they say and is tends to be different things.

You provided measurements in inches:
Width: 36" (91.44cm)
Height: 17" (43.18cm)
Depth: 12" (30.48cm)
Your tank's volume is approximately 7344 cubic inches or 31.79 U.S. gallons, which is approximately 123.67 liters

i checked 5 different calculators and they all said 31.79 US gallons

I believe that is your regular 30g long. Same dimensions as mine, I believe.

Easy way to calculate tank size is multiple L x W x H, that will give you cubic inches, and then divide by 231 and that will give you gallons, multiple your gallons by 8.33 and you will get the aprox. weight.

you have to measure the outside dimensions then subtract the width of both sides of the glass on each dimension, then do the calculations.

And you also have to subtract the space under the tank from the height. <Most glass tanks have the bottom pane raised.>

The actual water volume is often a lot less than the "nominal" volume (measuring from the outside) the manufacturer use.

Back
Top Bottom