Tank backgroud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Not sure what color background to do yet was considering blue, green, or black

image-3371771250.jpg

Attachments

• image-4008729239.jpg
    image-4008729239.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 54
I would go with black. If you go blue you won't be able to see your decorations. I have a black sheet on the back of mine. That and I get to change it anytime the mood strikes me.

I was also thinking a dark chocolate brown I'm sure I will have to make it myself if I do so prob buy brown construction paper and laminate it or be careful not to get it wet

I think i'd go with the dark brown, not as cold as solid black. Your tank is a bit small for something that harsh (imho).

What about a medium grey? It would emphasize all the colours in your tank.

Can I paint the back with acrylic paint.. Would I have to take out fish... You can't really eve smell the paint

I wouldn't paint it, that's awfully permanent and prone to scratching with whatever is hanging back there.

Most people seem to stick something black on the outside, like plastic or even a garbage bag.

Actually a lot of people paint the back. I've painted my last 2 tanks with acrylic...

Is it safe to paint with acrylic while fish are in I will leave like an inch or two in back unpainted and I've decided on chocolate brown

Back
Top Bottom