tank below TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1972ford

Aquarium Advice Activist
i am looking at buying a house and one that im wanting to buy only has room for my 200 tank under where i will be mounting the TV are there problems i should look out for or is this a bad idea all togather the TV on a new stand will sit about 12" above the tank. opinion and recomendations please

i am looking at buying a house and one that im wanting to buy only has room for my 200 tank under where i will be mounting the TV are there problems i should look out for or is this a bad idea all togather the TV on a new stand will sit about 12" above the tank. opinion and recomendations please

Would the tank have a stand or be close to the ground? because I'd be worrying about the vibrations in the water from the people walking or stomping on the ground and then vibrations from the TV from above. Maybe move the TV higher up on the wall or maybe move a table in the living room and then put the tank where the table was? Also is the location where you want to place the tank near or in front of a window because if so the direct sunlight may cause more dissolved oxygen and then produce more algae in the tank which may not be so bad if you have a fish to deal with algae in the tank which i assume you would in a 200 gallon tank. Here is a link to dissolved oxygen in waters of a higher temperatures: http://www.longwood.edu/cleanva/wor...d images/water_quality_parameter_info_acb.pdf Hope my advice helps! :)

its gonna be 70" tv mounted on the wall above a 2' tall tank on a 2' stand. i figure i can use foam betweek the tank and stand and between the stand and floor to reduce vibrations. the wall the tank will be on is oppisite of a north facing window. the walls sitson the stemwall and i would make 8 small piers of concrete under the house to help support the tank.

That should be good as long as their isn't a lot of vibrations disturbing it. We have a 40 gallon breeder on my desk in my living room and it is a way from the window (the window is facing north) and right next to the entrance to my house and there is no problems.

I would be worried about the tv getting to much moisture

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't worry about vibration at all, I have 3 small children and wood floors, a few tanks are in my living room with a big surround system and the fish don't even flinch. Like Dylan said I'd be more worried about moisture from evaporation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I want to go to gillies house... Surround sound- pretty cool

Sent from inside my fish tank

Back
Top Bottom