Tank Bully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Esimolin24

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have 2 Angels (About 3 inches tall each) and a Bala shark (about 4 inches long. They are pretty much the same size)

Recently I've noticed the white angel had been nipping at the black's fins. It seemed to have stopped, but now I've noticed one of or both my angels have been bullying the Bala shark. How can I stop it? Fin damage doesn't seem too bad but it is evident.

As far as decoration go, I have this piece of fake twisted wood- made of plastic- two fake plants, and a large castle that I believe only the shark can fit in- but he won't.

Please note I cannot move any of the fish, as the only other tank I have is a 10g with guppies and raspora. And I'd like to avoid getting rid of any fish too.

Thanks for your help!!! :thanks:

How big is tank?

All you can really do is increase decorations and plants to give hiding spots. I have had fish an inch long that couldn’t get along in a 4ft tank.

How big is tank?

All you can really do is increase decorations and plants to give hiding spots. I have had fish an inch long that couldn’t get along in a 4ft tank.

The tank is a 30g bow front. It's tall enough for me to have to get my whole arm wet when having to redecorate. I just moved everything around to hopefully reset territories and am also doing a water change right now. TBH I thought my shark would be my problem but I guess not...

Add a schooling fish as a distraction. See if it works. As pool stated, more decor or plants can help.

Back
Top Bottom