Tank change over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ld123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Need a bit of advice about how to move from a 29l tank to a 95l safely?

well im kinda a beginer but i would fill up the new tank 3/4 of the way with new water and use the rest out of the 39 to fill it. then if posible use old filters in the new tank to jumpstart the new bacteria.

Agreed. Use as much old stuff as possible. Any head start is better than none.

No need to transfer any of the old water. The bacteria reside in the components of the aquarium and not in the water.

Ok but my ammonia is slightly high in old tank do if I put old filter alongside new in new tank would this cause high ammonia in the new tank?

I would start a net bag of filter media in the old tank for a week or two while you are getting ready to make the change. That helped me when I changed mine.

Ld123 said:
What is a net bag?!

Bag to put filter media in (or what ever) I think most people use common nylon, or womans pantyhose new, never washed but rinsed well

Sorry, was at work. Yes you can use the plastic netting used in the grocery produce dept too (for onions or citrus, etc.) I used a bag and put some of the ceramic rings into it last time. Also have used large package cut to size filter pad. Fish stores also sell nylon bags large and small. Never used nylons but they should work good too.

Back
Top Bottom