Tank cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A couple of quick questions, what kind of filter is on this tank, haven't seen that mentioned yet. What are you feeding, how often, and how long does it take for the fish to eat it would also be handy (a lot of new aquarium owners tend to overfeed). Those being known, it'll help with giving recommendations on how to clean the tank. The gravel vacs and partial water changes would be much easier than complete tear downs.

I have a aqueoun 36 gallon bow front tank with a aqueon quiet flow 50 and I feed twice a day, the fish seem to get all of it in about 4 or 5 min

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whatever you do, only change out the filter when the cartridge is falling apart. That's where all the good bacteria live. When it needs cleaning, just rinse it in the tank water you removed when you vacuum the tank. The filter manufacturers like you to think you have to put a new cartridge in every month. But it will really mess up your tank if you do that.

Here's a handy article: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-to-starting-a-freshwater-aquarium/
Hope it helps!

Thanks I was actually reading that a while ago alot of good info on there

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom