Tank decoration ideas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hulkamaniac

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's the situation. After moving everything around I've got a 55 gallon tank that I need to decorate. Currently I have a black gravel substrate and a mirror background. Inhabitants of the tank are a Jack Dempsey and a school of half a dozen Buenos Aires tetras.

I've got a natural look in all of my other tanks (wood, plants, rocks, etc...) so I'm kind of wanting to do something different. The only ideas I could come up with are gaudy (scuba divers, sunken castles, etc...) or going down to the local hardware store and picking up some flower pots, pvc and other stuff. Any other ideas?

clay pots always look nice in a tank. u can get some pretty nice fake ornaments. i had a half sunken ship that look really good. u could go for a theme. i have seen a rome theme with the colleseums and poles and stuff that looked awesome. take a look at what is available then decide from there.

I've seen the Roman theme too. I think it has a coloseum in the middle and has pillars and other things you can put around the tank. I've seen the half sunken ship too. I'm Chinese so I'm almost tempted to go with an Asian theme and set up pagodas and everything, but none of the fish in the tank are from Asia so to me it would look weird.

If you want the non-natural look then this is a must

Air Driven Feris Wheel

That store also has some wigglies, led ornaments and the whole line of sponge bob square pants air ornaments. I'm curious to know how owners of this one can resist not chasing their fish around the tank.

Alshain said:
If you want the non-natural look then this is a must

Air Driven Feris Wheel

That store also has some wigglies, led ornaments and the whole line of sponge bob square pants air ornaments. I'm curious to know how owners of this one can resist not chasing their fish around the tank.

I definitely do not need the submarine. I would harass my fish until they hated me for sure. My LFS has a gigantic 'gator skull that I would kill to have. Unfortunately it's got a $98 price tag on it.

I have an actual gator skull I found in the woods behind my house, it was wrapped in chicken wire and tied to a tree, I guess someone was wanting the meat ot rott off, but I took it, weird thing is I live in KY lol

After sleeping on it, I'm leaning toward a mixed look. Kind of an around the world type thing. Chinese pagodas on one side, scuba divers on the other. A sunk ship or the alligator skull if I can find one cheap in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom