Tank Divider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hows this??? :D :lol:

Still allows for the smaller fish/loaches to get through to either side, but the specific fish I want to seperate can't even see each other, much less get to each other. *and yes, it is fully secure*

Attachments

• p1300020_366.jpg
    p1300020_366.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 51
sure, i can snap a few more. GIve me a few minutes

edit- here ya go. some more pics ;)

Attachments

• p1300002_171.jpg
    p1300002_171.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 35
  • p1300003_875.jpg
    p1300003_875.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 47
  • p1300005_888.jpg
    p1300005_888.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 40
  • p1300008_117.jpg
    p1300008_117.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 48
That is a cool idea. I have a huge Ryukin that is a huge bully. I wonder if I can do that to him? Lol!

yea, the second round of pics are much better to actually see what it is. I didn't use the flash in the first pic, so that is how it looks with just its light.

THe loaches and pleco have been playing in it all night long. They absolutly love it.

Locorosa, I am sure you could do that for him. One thing though, we have a peice of driftwood in the middle of all that that supports the rocks.

Attachments

• 55gfts_134.jpg
    55gfts_134.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 84
How small are the fishes that can get through compared to the fish that can't get through? I have rocks piled around and I can't tell what they can or can't get into sometimes. They surprise me all the time, squeezing into places.

a few inches. I am only trying to seperate a 4-5" firemouth from two 3" severums until the sevs get bigger. I can't afford a new tank right now, can't free up tank space anymore to house the firemouth seperatly, and those dividers at the lfs look horrible!

We have been working on this for the past day, it took us about 6 hours of watching to finally cover all holes that the cichlids could fit through. Found a hole this evening that the sev could fit through, but since then, they have stayed on their own sides.

I am imagining that you just balanced these rocks if you were able to continually adjust this. Is that right or did you take this out of the water and glue a piece one at a time? I'm curious to try this myself.

right now, they are balanced. We have pretty sturdy floors, the tanks don't vibrate much when we walk past. My husband has gotten really good at balancing rocks, and can usually do it so they never collapse.

I will admit, I was really worried about that at first until he walked past the tank a few times and nothing moved.

I don't think that I would want to silicone it together, just in case the fish found a new hole and the rocks needed to be adjusted.

This was all my husbands idea. I helped keep an eye out for holes as he was putting it together, but he thought of this. It was either this or a bunch of anachris. This was free, and seems to be working much better.

it seems to be working pretty well, the firemouth got through it this morning, still trying to figure out how (we didn't see him do it, just looked over and saw him terrorizing the sevs)

otherwise, it is serving its purpose

The rocks aren't balanced against the glass are they? It may cause stress points on the outside of the tank.

some are lightly balanced, but most of the weight is on the other rocks/driftwood. He tried to keep the rocks as far away from the glas as possible without leaving gaping holes big enough for the firemouth or severum to get through. There are openings there for the loaches and rainbows to get through, as well as little pathways through the pile that they have discovered. I do not think the pleco has left that pile of rocks since it was added...

Attachments

• pleco6_187.jpg
    pleco6_187.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom