Tank Dividers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I've decided I want to divide my 20 Long into 3 or 4 for some betta "apartments". I'm having a hard time finding somewhere that sells good tank dividers? I'm guessing if I got something clear, the bettas (males) would freak out...? Obviously it would need holes in it for circulation with the heater/filter.
Any input would be great! Thanks

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...zDJD-rAHdi4HQCA&ved=0CGoQ8wIwAA#hsec:overview
these ones work well i have it in my 10 g divided and the bettas pay no attention to each other
img_2584340_0_a3c5b536743242574bb27cb979aaedd6.jpg

Aww perfect, those look great. I'm surprised they don't bother each other. I put my two betta's tanks next to each other once and they both went insane...

I use the dividers from pet smart, forget what brand they are but I think Top fin? They work really well, just make sure you have substrate in the bottom so they can't slip easily.

Also, you can make your own, which makes it a bit harder for males to see each other, but they can be a bit more flimsy. Google "DIY aquarium divider" to find out how. I've made them before and they are okay, but the store bought ones, even though they are easier to see through do a better job for me.

Also, your males may be a little stressed when first moved into their new condos, being able to see their neighbors constantly and all, but after a few days they'll all calm down. All my males live within constant sight of each other without any issues. I've only ever had a couple slip through dividers and they were the crappy ones aqueon makes for their mini bows, no one has ever been seriously injured, just a missing piece of a fin when it did happen because they were caught in time. Good luck!

yeah my white male betta was mad for a few hours but after that i have not seen either of them flare at all or even pay attention to each other. I had a diy divider first but it looked like crap and the same thing happened to me where they got through to each other but no injuries i caught them quickly. these dividers are a clear screen and let the water flow through.
img_2585948_0_a3c5b536743242574bb27cb979aaedd6.jpg

img_2585948_1_4cf9426b9d7321c1bdc59e51ef1e8ecd.jpg

I got this one from Petco. I put some ornaments and rocks against the bottom just to be safe because cichlids can be strong. It works well. After i got this one I went to Pet Smart and saw they had more size options by Top Fin.

ForumRunner_20130729_205955.jpg

ForumRunner_20130729_210117.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom