tank dividers PLEASE HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well its better to be safe then sorry!
I have sponge filters or airstones in all my tanks (sept for breeding). I find they don't mind it as long as its not too strong (like if it pushes them to the other side of the tank). I find they help push all the junk to one spot and help break up the junk on the surface. and also i think it just makes things look nicer :wink:

good luck with your new fishies!
ashley

Thanks. She just emailed me that she's shipping on Tuesday. Only a couple more days. Can't wait to get them!! Keep going to the site to look at them. It's almost as exciting as watching horses. I love them too. Don't own one unfortunately. I've wanted one since I was about 4 years old. Went to ranch camps and then groomed thoroughbreds on the racetracks for about 5 years. Hard work, little pay, 7 days a week, but it was the best job I ever had. Miss it something terrible. But it's no place to raise a child. So..... let me know when you get your site finished.

Stacie :D

Really? What breed(s) are you looking at? I like all of them and would take a swaybacked nag if someone offered, but my favorites are Thoroughbreds and Arabians. Good luck on finding one. Experts say they have the intelligence of 4 or 5 year old children. Which is pretty darn smart. I know from experience that they are a lot smarter than they let on. I still think about all the racehorses I got to take care of and some of the goofy things they did. Makes me laugh. I still keep in touch with the trainer I worked for and hope to work for again someday. They have a saying on the track explaining the reason that people leave and keep coming back. "I'ts the lure of the manure". Ha! It's true too!! I sure miss it.

Stacie

There are mostly TBs around here, so i'am gonna be looking at a few of them. I really want a Canadian though.
lol

ashley

Not to sound ignorant or anything, but what breed is that? Or do you mean Canadian bred TB's? Do you follow racing at all? I do, but just because that was my way of getting close to them with the job and all. I always liked them. Read all the Black Stallion books and still have them all up in my closet. Saw the movie in theaters when it came out in '79. I'm pretty old. HA! HA! I don't look a day over 18 though. Seriously. Nobody believes that I'm 34. It's the cheeks, I think.

Stacie

Its Canadas national horse, the cheval canadien.
No not really. I watch it sometimes on tv, and i go to the harness track a lot. but thats it. I love the Black Stallion! I have the books to! I havn't seen the movie yet though...

ashley

Well, you need to see it. It's a little corny (the 70's!!) but it's a good movie. The horse they used for the movie was dyed black. It lived here in San Antonio until he passed away. His name was Cas'ole. Know I didn't spell it right, but that's the best I can do. The people that owned him still have a lot of Arabians here on a farm. Course you can only get TRUE Arabians in Arabia, but they DO NOT sell them. The ones you see in US, Canada etc. are not considered true Arabians by the Arabs. Too much dilution of the blood. I've never been able to get into harness racing. I can't tell a pacer from a trotter. Looks the same to me except for the speed.

Stacie

P.S. There is a movie The Black Stallion Returns too. Pretty cheap at Wal Mart. 9.88 in US funds for each one.

i will see if i can get it.
The diff between them is just how they move thier legs.
i would like to own a true arabian, maybe i'll move to Arabia.... :wink:

ashley

Back
Top Bottom