Tank find

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liquid_Pyro

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey

Not that I should be buying another tank, but I found a 35gal tank for cheap with a 205 fluval filter.

My questions are:

It was used as a salt water tank, I plan on using it for freshwater, will that pose any sort of problem? Just clean the tank and filter well before using it?

Also I have only ever had HOB filters, are the canister filters any more difficult or daring to use? I want to know everything you know!

Thanks

Its fine if it was used for sw. Just clean it well....get all the residue off the glass and rinse the filter well. Get all new media for the filter. Since its a canister, I'd run it on the tank full of freshwater after rinsing well....for a couple days....then drain it before you put gravel/sand in it. Just to make sure the salt is gone. :)

Canisters are actually a little easier to use IMO. You don't have to clean them but every couple months or so. They are usually quieter too.

ill 3rd that. take the canister apart and clean it then run it should flush out all that nasty salt water.

ALright, and the fluvals are decent enough canister filters...I am no pro or anything, just dont want to find out it wasn't worth it...I know they run for like $100 or so

Back
Top Bottom