tank has a bunch of bubbles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK. Yeah I opened the top of y filter and I see this metalicy substance floating at the top. Idk if this has anything to do with the bubbles but I just wanted to let y'all know. Ill shut it off first thing tomorrow morning when I'm getting ready for school and turn it back on when I leave

Humanis1993 said:
OK. Yeah I opened the top of y filter and I see this metalicy substance floating at the top. Idk if this has anything to do with the bubbles but I just wanted to let y'all know. Ill shut it off first thing tomorrow morning when I'm getting ready for school and turn it back on when I leave

IMO the filter should be left off no longer than 1 hour.

OK the bubbles are still there they just appear to be suspended. They arent moving at all it almost looks like everything turned to ice.

Humanis1993 said:
OK the bubbles are still there they just appear to be suspended. They arent moving at all it almost looks like everything turned to ice.

Ok. Pics will defiantly help.

I think it may just be bacteria bc I am using this product called stress zyme+ and it has bacteria in it and I may have overdosed. Ill just wait a few days and see if it goes away

look up microbubble causes on google. Should give you your answer in a few seconds.

Is your pump slightly out of the water? Is your output out of the water at all? Have you cleaned your filter or pump recently? A lot of things in the filter can develop lots of bubbles over time as they begin to trap air.

Definitely check how much water you have in the pump compartment.

I have the same thing - i have been treating my tank for white spot, the meds made the water go blue, the next day it was crystal clear apart from ting white specs floating around, on closer inspection they are tiny bubbles.

My Fluval U2 filter has a air option which is on (blasts bubbles across the top of the tank), and i have taken the carbon filter part out of the filter as per the meds, so assume mine has something to do with this... (i took the filter out to remove the carbon cartridges so might have got air trapped in it then - ?)

I am doing a 50% water change tonight as the meds should be done now, so hopefully this will fix it...

Back
Top Bottom