Tank help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stardaddy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello every one can you help me please my little boy has cought the bottom of my tank with one of the toys and now have a little water leek on the bottom corner can any one help me with it so i can seal it up to stop leeking water please meny thanks russell

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If water is coming out from there, I don't think you have any choice but to take the water out, dry it before you can seal it properly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429733361.515087.jpg

Hello every one can you help me please my little boy has cought the bottom of my tank with one of the toys and now have a little water leek on the bottom corner can any one help me with it so i can seal it up to stop leeking water please meny thanks russell

Is it a break or damaged silicone?
The silicone is an easy fix, just empty, dry, and reseal.

If the glass is broken then thats a big problem. Do you have a picture?

Yes thats what i have done all the fish and half of the water is in a spear tank the mother on law had taken the rest of the water out and now is dry and now the glass is fine ive looked all over it as its a big tank with a lot of water and i sure its the silicone

And yes just like the photo but just at the bottom corner

What xan i seal it up with so i can get it back up and running and how long does it need to dry befor putting water in and do i meed to wash it out after

I can't think of anything else than using silicone to redo the seal, and we are probably talking about redoing the whole bottom if it is the bottom. I would suggest against trying to patching just a section.

That would take a while to dry...

Thanks people for the help will let you know how i get on

This is a photo of the bottom of the tank ive had a look in the tank and all over the bottom there seems to be no crake so can any one help me with this one please

Attachments

• 1429815456123.jpg
    1429815456123.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 73
Oh he cracked the rim! I'm taking a guess that you should remove the old silicone from the bottom glass inside the tank and redo all 4 sides of the bottom glass, and test for water. But honestly, to do it nice and properly, I would also do all 4 corners so you have brand new seal on all 4 corners.

I think you should also get clamps to clamp all the sides while you are removing the old silicone to apply new one to make sure everything stays in place..

48 hours is the seal time it's better to be safe than sorry.dont reseal over the silicone you have to strip it out and then reseal.if I was you I would reseal the whole aquarium while you are doing it.there are great videos on YouTube buy a guy called 'king of diy' check out his reseal video.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok thats lovely people i have started to strip it out and going to do the rest tomorrow afternoon and then clean it all up and reseal it on saturday when i get chance to get to the pet shop and pick some up if i sealnit on saturday when could i out my tank back together as in happy there is no crake in there saved me a lot of time but to reseal will do me a favor on the long run

And thanks for the help people i will jeep you updated on how i get on meny thanks russell

Hello every one right i have taken all the old seal out and i mean right out so no seal on it all all and i have wash it and used alchole wipes on it so its all clean and free from old seal now can i use aqua mate seal on it as thats what i have bought from my fish shop and they told me it will work but i want to make sure does any body know meny thanks russell

Start sealing now use masking tape to get clean edges and put a nice amount in the grooves don't be stingy with how much you use.then strip the tape straight out as soon as you have put the silicone on.if you make any mistakes on get silicone in places that are not needed do not smudge it in wait for it too dry and scrap it off.allow 48 hours dry time don't wait only 24 hours it's better to be safe than sorry.best of luck
If you need any more info just right back
Billy

20 gallon fancy goldfish tank
150 gallon koi tank
60 gallon cichlid tank
2 gallon neon tetra tank

Stardaddy , I don't know the brand name,if it's 100% pure clear silicone it should be fine.this stuff is real messy so proceed with caution , I have not seen the vidio but it may have some helpful tips
Do not mess with it after you apply a liberal amount . Blue tape might help keep it clean.I worry it could open up the seem.your job will not look as nice as the factory-installed seal.that's o k if it's thick and messy it should hold watter .
I would wait a week for it to fully cure ,fill the tank all the way up being very careful not to spill water,let it sit over night and check for leaks . You could put a filter or power head in it to get some water movement as a added precaution .
This may seem long and tire some but so is breaking down the tank and starting over.
Wish you the best of success

Ok thanks people i will get back to you in a few days after reseal my 200g and let you know how i get on onces again thanks meny thanks russell

O wow stardaddy,
Did not know it is so big,please make sure you have enough silicone to complete the task in session , you don't want any cold joints could lead to system failure .
Once again wishing you the best , you'll do great

Yer i bought way to much they i need just to be on the safe side and make sure there is enought to do what i need lol and thanks people will keep you updated and the tank and hopw all goes well can upload a photo for you lot to see the tank meny thanks russell

Back
Top Bottom