Tank Hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dominick

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok i have an 80 Gallon tank i have the light that came with it.
Now i plan on making my own light hood going to have a reflector
and 4 96Watt PC lights.
Now my question is i have a glass hood should i keep the glass?
it frequently glazes over in this whit residue cutting down the wattage to the tank
or can i remove that and just sit my new hood ontop will it hurt the bulbs?
i don't mined building it alittle taller to keep the bulbs higher if need be

Thanks Dom

Dom try the planted forum....For FW thats were the light guys are ;)

I have glass tops on my 29 and I find if I let it go for too long the growth falls off.At 1.2 wpg most plants are not screaming to the top,but I can still tell a difference in growth between fouled and clean glass.

u cant move the thread but a mod will once he stumbles upon it. the white crud is calcium. do you have hard water? it will cut down on your light a little but shouldnt make to big of a difference. the hood is just to keep in the fish. sometimes u can get jumpers. and also your water will evaporate a lot quicker without the lid. the bulbs should be fine if elevated a few inches above the tank. i hope that helps.

well if the glass isent going to be that much of a problem then im just going to leave it

sounds like a good idea!! just take the time to clean it when u do a water change. 2 second wipe every week should keep it clean. its when u let is stay on there that it builds up.

Back
Top Bottom