tank inhabitants for a 38

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bruinsbro1997 said:
Well, not necessarily. For example if you keep two males together they shouldn't be too aggressive, but when you add a female they go haywire and will start competing for her. But I don't think it should be that big of an aggression problem though.

So 2 male gbrs are less aggressive than 2 females

If you get 2 of the same gender, aggression shouldn't be an issue regardless if they are both male or female. IME, a pair of males will squabble more than a piar of females, but I would not qualify either dispute as aggression.

absolutangel04 said:
If you get 2 of the same gender, aggression shouldn't be an issue regardless if they are both male or female. IME, a pair of males will squabble more than a piar of females, but I would not qualify either dispute as aggression.

But will they be aggressive towards neons, Molly's, danios or Cory's

But will they be aggressive towards neons, Molly's, danios or Cory's
Nope. They may chase the corys a bit, but there shouldn't be any aggression. I had 4 rams and 7 corys in a 38 gallon and never had any issues what-so-ever. My rams have never caused an issue with any of their community tankmates.

Jnthn932 said:
Mollies really that active? I have two and they arent that active....

IMO they aren't too active but more mellow. They chase each other a bit and love to eat and chase fingers on the glass :) I think they are awesome

My mollies are not super active. They are not lazy, they are less active than my platys. I would say mine are mellow too. Definitely the friendliest fish I had in the tank though. Mine ate from my fingers as well!

My mollies was one of the most active fish I knew next to rainbows and danios. It swam all over the tank and I was starting to think it would jump out of the thirty gallons of water I had provided it because it was too small for it! :)

Well you can't base a fish by what ppl say. It all depends on the characters in that fish and the way they were bred IMO

Well you can't base a fish by what ppl say. It all depends on the characters in that fish and the way they were bred IMO
That is true. I have found that gourami, angels, and bettas in particular have highly variable temperaments. People have all sorts of different experiences with them even though the settings and tankmates are similar.:) Fish are indeed individuals.

Back
Top Bottom