Tank looks too shallow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dud

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10 gallon tank, and I am not happy that the tank looks so shallow (the depth towards the other side of the tank).

Are there any tricks you guys use to make you tank look bigger? Some design hints? Good example pictures? Anything!

Thanks a lot!

put really tiny fish and plants(micro swords) and a little teeny diver....J/K................I guess small fish and plants.

and a backround showing a wide space like a whole ocean reef. like really zoomed out. that makes it look bigger.

A mirror on the back perhaps? Or will fish try to attack themselves? I have seen some people lay the gravel thicker in the back. This may or may not help.

I did have my gravel thicker towards the back. Don't know why, but amazingly that did give me a sense of depth indeed. I think a 'deep' looking background would help as well. We'll probably try with some cardboard with a darker color and stick it to the back and see what happens... Will definitely try a mirror right away. That will show my face, though, which would be pretty odd for me and the fish. :lol:
Thanks for all the hints.

Back
Top Bottom