tank mated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steeledarren

Aquarium Advice Activist
so in my 55 gallon(UK GALLON) just thought id add that lol, i have 1 dwarf gourami, 4 small clown loaches, which i will rehome when they get too big, 1 denisonii barb, 2 lemon tetras, 1 bronze cory and 2 frogs,

i was wondering what else i could get, i want something a bit different, something unusual but sutible with the others, i also have an assasin snail when i see him

would female bettas be agressive, sorry i have never had a betta, pictus catfish sounds good, do they get very big? i would love corys, im busy seeing how my current cory does with the gravel i have

Pictus don't get too terribly huge about 3"-6". the female betta should be just fine. I've had a few and all mind their own. Just make sure you don't get anything that has long fins like angelfish although now that I think about it I would make sure you have plenty of hiding space and break up throughout ur tank as I'm not sure how the gouarmi and female betta will do.

thats what i was thinking, they might fight, any other ideas, would like a chicihld, but not sure how they would go in a community, i assume not well, but have never hadn one before

It really depends on what's available for you and what look you want to go with. You could look at some dwarf cichlids from ca/sa but the problem with a lot of them is when they want to spawn they can clear out a tank. Firemouths do fine by themselves, if you can find a blood parrot that has been bred with a smaller species like convict you would be ok. Kinda just depends on what look you want.

cool, i will keep an eye out, my lfs store dosnt cary much stock, so i will see what they can order in

Back
Top Bottom