Tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta_boiii

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys it's me again. So I have this very lively community tank with a variety of fishes. There are two female and a male Betta, a pair of platies, a mannequin, ten wins and a few ramhorns. How ever, I feel like the bottom space of the tank is always fairly devoid of interest so I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for carpet plants or active bottom dwelling fish. I would like to stay away from red sharks as they have been a problem in the past and it would help if they were fairly hardy. I am currently considering cherry shrimp and Siamese algae eaters at the moment. I want to have a permanent resident in the 'cave' if you know what I mean wink wink.Image1490021130.977690.jpg

How many gallons is this tank?
Personally, I think if you're not overstocked, before adding new kinds of fish, you should make some amendments to the stock you have now.
It's not a good idea to keep a male and female betta together. I've heard this from multiple sources, on this forum and otherwise. It'd be best to separate the male from the two females.
Females betta "sorority" tanks can be done, but just watch them closely and see if there is any aggression. If so, you'll probably need to separate your two ladies as well.
With the platies, what gender are they? If they're both of the same gender it should be fine (though two males might be a little feisty). But if you have a female and male, you really should get another female. At least a one to two ratio should be maintained in order to prevent the male from chasing/stressing a female too much. She can even die if he won't leave her alone and she gets too stressed out.
I have no clue what a "manequinn" is, if it's a harlequin rasbora, you definitely need more of those. They're a schooling fish and honestly do best in schools of 8-10.
Not sure what "wins" are either, so no comment there.
If you make changes to the stock and your tank isn't overstocked at that point, cherry shrimp or Corydoras catfish would make a great addition. Cories school, and need at least 6 (in my opinion).
Then again, this all depends on the size of your tank and your ability to adjust your stocking.
Hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom